The National Policy of Education 1986 envisaged establishment of Navodaya Vidyalaya in each District of the country. These are co-educational residential schools fully financed and administrated by the Govt. of India through an autonomous organization Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, Noida. Education in the Vidyalaya is free for all enrolled students including boarding, lodging, text books, uniforms etc.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Odhan was established in Oct 1987 which is situated in Sirsa district, 30 kilometers away from district headquarter on N.H. 09. The school has a vast campus of 34 acres. It is a co-educational school having 6 to 12 class (Science & Commerce stream), which is affiliated with C.B.S.E, New Delhi. Total Strength of the Vidyalaya is 533.
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children predominantly from rural areas.
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages.
- To promote national integration through migration of students from Hindi to non-Hindi speaking State and vice-versa.
- To provide stress free educational environment.
- To help students to discover their talents and mould them accordingly.
- To replace competition by collaboration, compulsion by choice and comparison by feeling.
- To adopt holistic approach towards evaluation to assess a student on all parameters.
- To organise games and sports, co-curricular activities, out door activities to allow effective participation by one and all.
- To provide all round development in totality to make every student a special individual to play a leading role in society.
- To think globally and act locally.
- To give value based education and to work for nation at integration and communal harmony.
- To inculcate values of adaptability and peaceful adjustment in arena of life, to achieve goals optimistically.
- To provide latest, practical and useful concepts and knowledge.